The first thing that poped up on my mind while hearing the Budget for 2011-2012 is , “Will all this be a reality” ? I am gonna list down some unbelievable yet fascinating plans in the Budget presented by Sri. Thomas Issac today.
- Rs 40,000 crore Road Project for the entire state of Kerala
- 3500 acres already acquired for IT Parks in the state
- 6.2 Million square feet of IT Building inside Smart City another 5.2 million square feet of State owned Info Park adjacent to Smart City
- Rs 600 Million for Promoting Kerala Tourism
- Rs 400 crore for Exhibition cum Industry Park at Kinfra Kochi in 70 acres
- Rs 202 crore and Rs 250 crore each for roads in Kochi and Trivandrum
- Rs 20 crore for Delhi Metro Corporation for further studies of North – South Railway Corridor costing Rs 50,000 crore [Bullet Trains]
- Rs 1250 Core for Health
- Kannur Airport to be fully functional in 2 years
- Rs 2500 crore for Vizhinjam Project on BOT Basis
- Rs 1000 crore for Bypasses in the State
- Rs 2296 Crore for Higher Education Sector
- Rs 5 crore for One Women Police in all women compartments in Trains provided Railways Approve it
- 4 million people to be included in BPL List
- Fishermen irrespective of APL or BPL to receive Rice @ Rs 2/ Kg
- Rs 1000 crore project for Tender Coconut
- Rs 300 crore profit from Public Sector
- Kerala growing double the pace of India !
- Rs 7500 crore alone as tax revenue
- GST to increase tax revenue by double !
- Rs 10,000/- per new born child insurance project
- Research Desk in Trivandrum Engineering College for road work and quality check . Rs 5 crore allotted
- Rs 20 crore more for Mobility Hub in Kochi
- Rs 186 core extra allotted for Kochi Metro Project
- All roads in Kerala to be in good condition by April. Rs 700 crore already allotted.
- Rs 1 Billion for KSRTC
- Spice Route
Alright so if you think , This is it ! You are wrong. All the plans mentioned above are just the beginning of projects planned for the 2011-2012 Budget and for the years to come ! But the questions remain. ‘Will this plans remain as mere promises ?’ or ‘Will all this be implemented?’. The history will prove us wrong but what lies in future is to be awaited.
Read more when the Budget will be official released in the official site of fiance department of Kerala